We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Thank you for supporting the work we do.
Best Money Making Apps
Earning Side Income Through The Best Money Making Apps
Let’s face it – you’re not making enough from your current job. We all want a raise but will it ever happen? What are our options besides looking for another job that pays better? With the advent of money-making apps in recent years, it isn’t hard to find one that pays. Some apps make you money in various ways but today let’s zero in on the best money-making apps for Android, iPhones, and PayPal.
- Money-making apps for iPhone
- Money-making apps for Android
- PayPal money-making apps
- Investing apps
- Cashback apps
Let’s take a look at the best legit money-making apps.
Money Making Apps For Android
Being one of the most popular money-making apps around, if you have an Android device Swagbucks should be your first stop in your quest for earning money. One of the reasons why it’s so popular is because there are a plethora of opportunities to accumulate points in exchange for cash.
Some of these opportunities include answering surveys, shopping at your favorite stores, watching videos, or playing video games.
You can redeem the points to get gift cards to popular retailers such as Walmart, Amazon, and Target. The other option is to redeem these Swagbucks for cash through PayPal.
If you’re into donating to charities, this is also an option as well.
- There are 18 ways to make money
- You can earn up to 10% on cashback
- Low withdrawal minimum: $1
- You get $5 just for signing up
- Payouts are low for games and videos
- Qualification for taking surveys is a hit or a miss
- Some offers make you spend money to make money
- Not available in every country – make sure to check for availability
Related content: How to live on the cheap
Google Opinion Rewards
If you want to be sure that you get at least one to two surveys a week, with each survey paying out up to $1 each, then Google Opinion Rewards is a great option for the Android user.
The survey topics include everything from doing hotel reviews, opinion polls, or product and merchant satisfaction surveys.
Since the surveys are easy to complete and the options are more focused, this money-making app for Android is easily a favorite.
Payout is in the form of Google Play Credits or through cash via PayPal.
- Google is well known and legitimate
- Surveys are easy and take around 5 minutes to complete
- Low withdrawal minimum: $2
- The surveys favor certain demographics so the availability isn’t the same for everyone
- Most people will receive up to two surveys a week
- Any Google Play Credits earned will expire after a year so make sure that to use them promptly
Slidejoy is an Android app that allows you to earn cash and discounts all for watching ads on your smartphone. After activating the app on your phone, all you need to do to start earning is turn on your screen and watch an ad. Yep, it’s that simple.
- You can choose to donate your earnings to charity or keep it for yourself
- Very little effort is needed
- Ads are targeting to you
- Only available on Android
Money Making Apps For iPhones
Real money-making apps for iPhones.
iPhone money making apps:
Many companies use survey services to help with market research. Having had a long history in this industry, Toluna is one of those companies with a great reputation that works with high profile brands such as Coca-Cola, Amazon, Sony, and Expedia to name a few.
Aside from taking surveys, you can also accumulate points on your iPhone by testing products, taking part in polls, posting comments, playing games, or participating in sweepstakes and contests.
Once you have enough points, you can redeem them in the form of cash gift cards which can be used at major retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, Starbucks, and many others.
Cashing out through PayPal and sending gifts are also options to liquidate your points.
- A detailed and comprehensive help page makes it easy to get people started right away
- The app is pretty straightforward and intuitive to use
- They are a household name in the survey industry so they can be trusted
- Rewards can be slow with some deliveries taking up to 6 weeks
- Points have an expiry of 16 months so make sure to use them quickly
- Gifts may not be compatible in some countries
- You need a $30 minimum for PayPal payouts
Related content: The best personal finance tips
If you have an iOS device, you should take a look at MyPoints since it offers plenty of money-making opportunities. Some of the ways you can earn money are through taking surveys, reading through emails, watching videos, playing games, earning cashback while online shopping, and much more.
You can get paid through gifts cards or cash through PayPal.
- Surveys can pay up to $6
- The app is easy to use and user friendly
- Many ways to earn money
- Excellent customer service
- You may not be eligible to take many of the surveys which depend on certain qualifications
- Sometimes you’ll get the same survey more than once
- Only available in the US and Canada
Related content: Save money with the Truebill app
Money Making Apps For PayPal
Online money-making apps for PayPal.
Ever wonder if it’s possible to earn passive income through an Android app? Honeygain does exactly this by allowing you to share your internet connection for delivering content or by sharing your unused data.
Honeygain facilitates the connection between users who want to share their internet for money with clients who want to access the internet from people’s devices.
Payments are done via PayPal and Bitcoin.
- Possible to earn passive income without doing any work
- Get $5 as a sign-up bonus for new users
- Great customer service
- VPNs aren’t allowed and there’s always a risk when giving people access to your IP
- You need an unlimited data plan
- Cash payouts aren’t available
- Earnings can be limited in growth and availability
Related content: What is financial abuse?
Having been in the survey game for over twenty years, InboxDollars is a great money-making app that offers ways you can earn points through simple tasks such as taking surveys, playing games, watching videos, using coupons, reading emails, or shopping online.
You can redeem your points for gift cards, PayPal cash, or a prepaid debit card.
- You will get $20 as a sign-up bonus but to get this you’ll need $30 in cash rewards in your balance
- Easy to navigate and user friendly
- Earnings are transparent with the amount of money earned easily displayed
- Legit company and has been in the survey game for over 20 years
- You need at least $30 to cash in your earnings
- Some surveys require you to take qualifying surveys before you can enter and these aren’t paid in any way
- Reaching the $30 reward amount may be very time consuming
- Customer service could be better if they had a live number that you can call
Related content: Get our free emergency fund calculator
Money Making Apps For Investing
What are the best apps for making money? Investing apps have the capacity to earn you the most money while you sleep.
Stash is an investing app that also offers banking and other fintech services. You can start investing for as little as $5 and you get to choose from thousands of stocks and ETFs.
- You can start with as little as $5
- The app invests for you automatically
- Lets you invest every time you shop with their Stock-Back® Card
- Has 3 easy plans to choose from
- Offers banking services
- You can access your pay up to 2 days early
- Offers fractional shares
- Helpful content on the website
- You can open an account for your kids
- Fees can be quite high
- ETF’s have a high expense ratio
Related content: The best debt consolidation companies
Acorns is another great investing app that allows you to invest your spare change each time you shop with your debit card. Just say you were buying some food for $8.90, the app would round it up to $9 and invest the 10 cents for you. If you are looking for a robo-investing hands-free investing platform, definitely check out Acorns. You can also invest with lump sums or recurring payments manually.
- Offers custodial accounts for kids
- The minimum investment amount is only $5
- Lots of investing educational content
- Offers an ethical sustainable portfolio
- Management and account fees could be better
Related content: How to make an extra $1000 a month
Betterment is an interesting robo-advisor investing and banking app you should take a look at. You can started with Betterment with as little as $10, and the platform guides you through the whole process of choosing your investment risk, savings, and goal setting.
- Low fees
- No account minimum
- Easy hands off investing
- Customizable portfolio
- Fractional shares are available
- Offers checking and savings accounts
- Retirement (IRA) investing available
- Limited investment options
Wealthfront is another robo-advisor investing platform that allows you to invest, borrow, and bank. One interesting feature of Wealthfront is its Portfolio Line Of Credit. This feature allows you to access cash to pay for things you need with no credit check or application involved.
- Low costs
- Cash account
- Free for accounts with less than $5,000 in them
- Tax-loss harvesting available
- Portfolio lines of credit
- No fractional shares
- $100 minim investment deposit
Related content: How to get free stocks
Money Making Cashback Apps
DOSH is one of the best cashback apps available and is one of the easiest to use. You just need to sync your debit cards to the app, shop, and automatically get cashback. You don’t need to scan receipts or collect points when you shop, dine, or book hotels; DOSH sends the cash straight to your wallet where you can cash it out directly to either your bank account, PayPal, or Venmo. You can even donate your funds to charity.
- Syncs with Venmo and Jelli
- Option to donate to charity
- No need to scan receipts
- Over 10,000 places you can use DOSH to shop
- You need to acculumate $25 before you can cash out
Related content: The best investing apps to make money
Ibotta is a cashback app you can use to shop online and in-store. The app is free to use and allows you to earn up to $20 in welcome bonuses. The ease of use of the Ibotta app could be improved; there are quite a few unnecessary steps involved like the scanning of receipts, and adding offers to your saved offers list before shopping in-store.
- Up to $20 in welcome bonuses
- You can earn money by referring a friend
- 300+ retailers to choose from
- You need to scan or photograph receipts and upload them
- Online purchases need to be made via the app
- They show ads
- Some of the offers are brand or store specific
- Cash-out when you hit $20
Rakuten isn’t exactly an app, but we are including it here for you anyway. How does Rakuten work? All you need to do is add the button to your browser and signup for an account, then start shopping on a desktop. The browser extension finds all the best deals for you and will even alert you to better deals found elsewhere for the items you are interested in.
Rakuten pays you either through cashback, Paypal, or check.
- Automatically applies coupons at the checkout
- Shows you how much you could save with cashback when you search Google, Yahoo, and Bing
- Free to use and install
- You can earn money by referring your friends and family
- Payment threshold is only $5
- There is a $50 cap (maximum) you can earn on cashback per item
- Not available in the EU
Related content: Passive income ideas
Other Notable Platforms:
Money Making Apps Wrap Up
As we all know expenses add up. Money-making apps can be a great way to offset expenses that chip away at our bank account. Whether it be having that extra cash to buy an upgrade for dinner, paying for a week’s worth of gas, or for a movie subscription, the benefits of using money-making apps are plenty.